Cameras go "Flash"
As I sit here and painfully study optics, I realized that what I used to enjoy doing is no longer on my agenda. I once took pictures of everything I eat, touch, smell, and gaze upon. I was one of the first few with a humongous digital camera that took FOREVER to turn on and start taking pictures. People would smile to smile uncomfortably while waiting for it to work. I had to buy a big purse to lug that thing everywhere. Then I migrated on over to carrying a 35mm camera with me everywhere for photography class. My dad used to drive me to a nearby Gilroy park so I can take pictures for my photo projects. I still have a few pictures hanging around in my room that I adore greatly. Just thinking about how the focal length affects the image of an object makes me wonder where that skill or habit went? Today I am the main focus, the poser, of many pictures that Mr. Lovely takes, but I usually never do the clicking. Where did my passion go?
Well, I must find it again...in 10 years when I grow three hands and can multi-task everything in my life. I look forward to traveling somewhere far with two cameras. One for my husband and one for myself. We can be competitive and take pictures of the same thing and then criticize each other's flaws. Yay. I shall long for that day to come in a few years in Mongolia.

<< Home