Thursday, November 24, 2005

A Running Me

My frail body has been running around all day.

Every year on Thanksgiving day, I treat myself like a King. I wake up late and sluggishly good. I end up entertaining myself on my computer or in front of the TV most of the day after I have a whole-hearted breakfast. I just sit there, blinking every few seconds, just trying to feel at bliss until dinner time, where everything has been prepared by the hands of my grandmother and my mother.

Well this year, I thought it was time I'd join the Preparation of the Turkey Dinner Crew and thus I became the third generation woman in the crew. I drove my momma to the supermarket, bought a cake, peeled the potates, bought maynaise with my grandpa after we spent a little more than twenty minutes looking for it because I refused to ask the worker for it since I didn't know how to pronounce it (nonetheless spell it correctly), mashed the potates after I added some egg and maynaise, picked up the turkey with my womanly crew, bought some plastic plates and beer with my grandpa on our second trip to the supermarket, and drove my momma to the supermarket for the last time before we embarked on our journey back to homeland. I'd have to say, I had a pretty eventful day and dinner was quite unexpected. So instead of eating the turkey that we brought home, my three-peas-in-a-pod family ended up sharing two humongous crabs. Yep, we devoured the crabbies quickly and happily. Now, I'm full and sleepy.

-----note to self: wear gloves when you eat crabs so they don't make your fingers foul-smelling------

Anyways, I guess I didn't really end my entry with a nice sentence about how joining the Thanksgiving crew was. It was both busy and fun. It was family fun, yano? Soothing. I can't wait till I try to cook my own turkey when I'm married one day.